I. Protecting your personal data
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We strictly observe the data protection regulations valid in Germany.
II. The collection, processing and use of your personal data
1. In order to provide our services to our clients and visitors to our Internet pages we use data processing equipment.
2. We collect and store your personal details (e.g. name, postal address, email address, telephone number, payment details etc.).
Furthermore for technical reasons on our Internet pages the IP address, date/time, HTTP method (e.g. GET, POST), URL of the selected page, HTTP Result Code (e.g. 200=success, 404=page not found) and the number of bytes which are sent back to the browser are collected. The logfiles are erased after 14 days.
3. Our Internet pages use Google Maps in order to show the geographical location of our law firm. Due to this use of Google Maps, Google collects, processes and uses the data of visitors. You can find further information about Google’s data processing under https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de. There you can also change your personal data protection settings under “my account“.
4. The personal data which we collect is processed and used by us in order to provide you with the services you require (Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR), to process your inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR), to issue invoices (Art. 6 Abs. 1 b) GDPR), to ensure the observance of laws and regulations, especially the legal obligation to store data according to § 257 HGB(German Commercial Code) (Art. 6 para. 1 c) GDPR) and to assert (legal) claims (Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR).
For the above purposes we reserve the right, if necessary, to also forward your personal data to other service providers commissioned by us within the European Union and in other contracting states of the European economic area. These are obliged to treat your data confidentially and only to use them to provide the services required under observation of the German data protection regulation. We work with service providers in the following categories: web agencies and web hosters regarding the operating of our Internet pages and our email servers, IT service providers regarding the technical support of our computers and post service providers regarding mailing.
Apart from these we will only make your stored personal data known to third parties when
- you explicitly authorize us to do so (Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR,
- we are legally obliged to do so (Art. 6 para. 1 c) GDPR) oder
- if such circulation becomes necessary in order to assert or protect our rights (Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
III. Storage period for your personal data
1. In order to fulfill our storage obligations according to § 257 HGB (German Commercial Code) we store the personal data used for the issuing of your invoice for 10 years, dated from the last invoice or credit note issued to you. If you have not settled all payment obligations due to us within this 10-year period, we will continue to store your personal data until all our open payment obligations have been settled.
2. According to § 50 BRAO (German Federal Lawyers‘ Act) we store our reference files for 6 years beginning with the end of the calendar year in which the contract ended. All further personal data collected by us are stored for 6 years – calculated from the date of their communication to us (§ 257 para. 4 HGB (German Commercial Code)).
IV. Your rights
1. You can inform us at any time by email to email@example.com about your personal data stored by us as well as request that your personal data be amended and that inapplicable personal data be corrected. We will deal with your inquires promptly.
2. It goes without saying that, also by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can request that your personal data stored by us be erased according to Art. 17 GDPR or their processing be restricted according to Art. 18 GDPR. We will then immediately erase your personal data stored by us or restrict their processing. However your personal data will only be erased or restricted in their processing after all existing contracts and other legal relations with you have been completely wound up. They can only be erased when we are no longer legally obligated to store them. Please note that after the data have been erased or their processing restricted, we will no longer be able to access the data formerly provided you and will possibly not be able to deal with any pending inquiries. Insofar as we are legally obliged to store personal data, we will mark these with a restriction notice and no longer use them for communication purposes.
3. Insofar as we process your personal data, you are entitled to request a copy of this data either in writing or electronically as a CSV file. We will send you the first copy with your personal data free of charge or forward it to a third party named by you.
4. Insofar as you have allowed the processing of your personal data and we have still stored them, at your request we will make them available to you or to a third party named by you as a CSV file.
5. As the aggrieved party of a data processing operation, notwithstanding any other adminstrative or legal redress, you have the right to legal redress from a regulatory authority, especially in the member state of your domicile, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement according to Art. 77 para. 1 GDPR if you are of the opinion that the processing of your affected data infringes this regulation.
6. Insofar as the data processing takes place based on your agreement (especially to check your creditworthiness and, if applicable, for sending our newsletter), you can rescind your agreement at any time.
7. According to Art. 6 para.1 f) GDPR there is a right of objection to the processing of your personal data to protect our justified interests or the justified interests of a third party according to Art. 21 GDPR. In response to your objection we will end the data processing according to Art. 6 para.1 f) GDPR unless we can prove compelling reasons warranting protection for the processing especially if you have not yet settled all our open payment obligations.
8. If you have any questions to data protection, please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com. We will be pleased to answer your questions free of charge. Instead of email, you can, of course, contact the controller by post or fax as stated in para VII.
VI. Minimum age
We offer our services and products to users who are at least 16 years of age.
The controller according to the data protection regulation is
Baumann Rechtsanwälte PartmbB
Telefon: +49 0711 222919-0
Telefax: +49 0711 222919-10